Thank you for your interest in our Volunteer Program. We are grateful to all of the hard working members of the Spreckels Theatre Volunteer Corp for their service, their commitment, and their time. We could not enjoy the success of our performance season without them. Anyone over the age of 18 may participate as a Volunteer. We require neat and clean appearance, courteous attitude, and good communication skills from our Volunteers. Due to the physical demands of working in the theatre, we require individuals free from physical limitations.
Those accepted for the privilege afforded by Volunteer service must first undergo a training orientation, and must follow the following policy rules.
1. Volunteers must arrive prior to showtime in order to help coordinate and prepare for events with our staff members
2. Volunteers need to be able to walk the aisles and steps at all levels of the theatre. They will work on their feet up through the opening curtain of the event.
3. Our Volunteers must have great people skills. On any given performance date our volunteers may be required to deal with a wide range of challenging situations that may occur while assisting audience members.
4. Volunteers need to know the schedule of performances, seating chart for the theatre, location of the lobbies, restrooms, concession counters, bars, and exits, and theatre security personnel.
5. Volunteers are required to stay at each performance at least ten minutes past the second act of the show.
6. Volunteers may not use cell phones, cameras, or recording devices of any kind in the Spreckels Theatre while on duty.
7. Volunteers are asked to dress in appropriate attire, described as follows.
- Solid black dress skirts/trousers.
- Solid white shirt, or sweater, or sport coat (over white items) only.
- Solid black socks for men. Solid black, tan, or natural stockings for women.
- Solid black shoes for men and women. (No sport shoes or extreme heels)
- Long, dark colored ties of a solid color is required for men.
If you are interested in applying for the Spreckels Theatre Volunteer Corps contact Shaun Dershem at email@example.com.